Imagine if intellectual ideas received the same amount of attention and care as Hollywood blockbusters... TED and TEDx come close.
TEDx is not just a conference, it is a filmed production and speaking at TEDxCapeTown is about much more than your appearance on stage. We are building a community; people engaging in meaningful change. Your attitude towards creating community and paying it forward is as important as your idea worth spreading.
Do you have a burning passion for something that the world needs to know about? Can you speak about it? Is it a remarkable idea worth spreading? Will it entertain, inspire and inform us all at the same time? Is it suited to a TED-like experience?
TEDxCapeTown 2015, themed '( Open [ Access ) Control ]' will focus on people who and initiatives that address provide a novel insight into their respecitve fields, and whose solutions have the potential to have a significant positive impact on the world we live in.
( Open [ Access ) Control ]
Saturday, August 15, 2015
Ever been in a situation that annoyed you? A door that never wanted to stay open? You started designing a solution to solve the problem and after more tweaking, this solution opened up many more possibilities, and has changed yours and others’ lives. Maybe you met someone inspiring through this process, maybe the solution became your next business or NPO... These are the stories we want to showcase at TEDxCapeTown 2015.
- Do you know someone who should speak at TEDxCapeTown 2015? Nominate them.
- Do you have an idea you want to spread at TEDxCapeTown 2015?
Keep reading to make sure you have all the necessary information. The link to the application is at the bottom of the page.
If you aren’t already, sign up to our mailing list to stay informed.
So who are we looking for?
- The inventor – sharing an innovation with world-changing potential
- The teacher – sharing valuable knowledge in a memorable way to teenagers or adults
- The prodigy – young talent ready to break out
- The artist – showcasing inspiring work in a compelling new way
- The performer – music, comedy, dance, drama or something completely different
- The sage – wisdom the world needs from those who have learned it the hard way
- The enthusiast – with an infectious passion about a topic they can share
- The change agent – helping shape the world’s future with work that matters
- The storyteller – vivid, original and meaningful, with a talent for connection
- The spark – with a powerful idea worth spreading
Topics can range from technology, design and entertainment to art, environmental science, leadership, entrepreneurship, finance, marketing and more…
Before we go any further
Please make sure that you have watched a good 10 – 20 TED Talks and that you fully understand the type of event this is, it is not your average conference, it is more like a filmed production dedicated to ideas worth spreading!
- Make sure you have read the official TED speaker guidelines.
- Create a profile on TED.com (register on the top right of the TED.com website)
What commitment is expected from Speakers?
Dates to commit to as a TEDxCapeTown 2015 speaker:
Dates are subject to change based on the final event date and feedback from you on suitable dates, but these are the rough times, and the amount of events you will be expected to attend, to give you an idea of the input required. We are flexible and accommodating, but we do expect a high level of commitment from speakers.
Please note: We expect you to take part in the process to prepare you for the intellectual performance of your career. If you cannot commit to these requirements we reserve the right to exclude you from the final speaker line up.
- Speaker Application close - 31 March
- Speaker info session 1 (speakers need only attend one info session) - 13 April
- OR Speaker info session 2 - 15 April
- Pitch session 1 (speakers need only attend one pitch session) - 21 April
- OR Pitch session 2 - 23 April
- Speaker workshop 1 - 9 May
- Speaker workshop 2 - 6 June
- Dry runs - 18 July
- EVENT - 14-16 August
What next you ask? Apply.